Quarterly newsletters for the Village of Rochester are mailed to residents. Current and past issues can also be accessed online here:
The Village of Rochester publishes and mails to residents a quarterly newsletter. The newsletter includes news and announcements relevant to the community. The following policy outlines roles and responsibilities for newsletter production as well as content standards for articles to be included.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Clerk-Treasurer’s Office is responsible for gathering content, writing, and editing each newsletter, with assistance from other staff and trustees as appropriate. The Village Board of Trustees is responsible for final approval of the newsletter prior to publication.
Articles to be published in the newsletter will be prioritized in this order:
- Information that must be communicated to residents concerning subjects such as compliance with ordinances, elections, public safety, or other governmental programs or services.
- News related to community events or other general community interest stories.
- Articles from external sources, subject to the conditions listed below.
Articles from External Sources
At the editors’ discretion and as space allows, the newsletter may include articles from residents, community groups, and other stakeholders. All article submissions must be sent to the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office by the first of the month of publication (3/1, 6/1, 9/1, or 12/1.) Articles must meet the following parameters:
- The article must be directly relevant to Rochester residents.
- If promoting an event, the event must be open to the public.
- Articles must not exceed 300 words.
- Content must not be religious in nature.
- Content must not be politically partisan in nature (excepting statements from candidates for municipal offices.)
- No derogatory, offensive, or disrespectful content; private, sensitive, or confidential information; or content promoting illegal activities.
View full Village Communications Policy