Racine County Development Services accepts and reviews zoning permit applications and determines compliance with applicable zoning code provisions. They assist the general public, applicants, developers, and their representatives with zoning inquiries, proposals, and applications.
Racine County Planning Staff also supports the Village of Rochester Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and Historic Preservation Committee by conducting technical reviews, site inspections, and by providing written reports on specific project proposals such as, but not limited to, special use permit applications, conditional use permit applications, development proposals, zoning amendments, variances and appeals.
Click: Village of Rochester Municipal Code to view a fully searchable version of the Municipal Code of Ordinances for the Village of Rochester including:
- Chapter 30 "Land Division"
- Chapter 31 "Construction Site Erosion Control"
- Chapter 32 "Post Construction Stormwater Management and Pond Regulations"
- Chapter 35 "Planning and Zoning"
- Chapter 36 "Shoreland-Wetland and Shoreland Zoning Districts"
- Chapter 37 "Floodplain Zoning"
- Chapter 38 "Historic Preservation"